12 August 2011

Cambridge Satchel Company I ❤ U (Part 2)


It has been nearly 2 years since my last purchase with the Cambridge Satchel Company and boy has it exploded in popularity since them! I've seen them in numerous magazines being worn by numerous celebrities and ASOS and Urban Outftitters now have a line of exclusive designs made by the Cambridge Satchel Company. I've been keeping a close eye on them since my first purchase waiting for new colour releases and when the released "The Fluro" collection earlier this year my heart was stolen by a cute little florescent pink number.


The Cambridge Satchel Company is a bigger company than it used to be but they still stick to their policy that every satchel is handmade therefore there is an average wait time of 30 days for each bag to be made. I placed my order June 25 and it arrived on my door July 27. I did send them an email a few days before it arrived just to check up on it and they replied to me the next day apologising for the delay due to a manufacturing problem, told me my satchel had been dispatched and gave me a tracking number, no complaints with the service there as they were quick to reply and apologised for the slight delay.


Must admit compared to last time I'm a little disappointed with their packaging, it came to me bubble wrapped with the tag sticky taped on, in a standard issue plastic mailer. I miss the old school brown paper tied with string which gave it that little added special touch as this was also an early birthday present for me (thank you dad!) it had less of a gift feel to it than when I received my first satchel.


This bag is BRIGHT no camera can show just how bright this bag is but when they say neon they really mean it! I bought the 13" satchel and had it blind embossed with my name Cate, once again it is beautifully made and very strong definitely a bag that will stand the test of time.


For those of you wondering how my purple satchel is doing it looks as good as it did the day I bought it. Whilst I was using it in America it surprisingly got recognised as a Cambridge satchel quite a few times and someone I spoke to was amazed at just how great it looked when I told her it was nearly 2 years old and had been round - the - world with me!


The reason I bought a smaller satchel was that I wanted one for everyday use I kinda use my 15" one as a survival bag for when I am travelling, the 13" one will be used for day-to-day tasks although I must admit it's slightly bigger than expected when compared with the 15" so no doubt will also hold a lot inside.


There is not much else I can say that I didn't say last time, I absolutely adore their bags and I love the fact that they're doing collaborations with other companies now. This is my second satchel and most likely not my last, they have once again offered a £5 discount on my next purchase so I'll be keeping a close eye on their website for any new colours that might be on offer.

Love & Sparkly Hugs
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment