05 September 2011

A Day at the Museum


Wandering around art galleries and museums is one of my favourite pastimes, I could spent hours, days, weeks even trawling the endless corridors learning about civilisations past or just admiring the beauty surrounding me. Whilst I was in London I managed to escape the crowds of comic-con for the afternoon to pay a visit to one of the most loved museums in the country The Natural History Museum.


I haven't visited The Natural History Museum since I was a little kid but it still gave me that buzz of excitement it did nearly 15 years ago. I've always been obsessed with dinosaurs and seeing all the bones and fossils found from around different parts of the country is so amazing and makes me want to grab my fossil hunting kit and go exploring!


I get my love of dinosaurs and space from my dad, he would spend hours when I was a kid showing me his fossil collection and telling me what they are and how they are formed. We also spent many nights in our back garden with the telescope out searching for planets and constellations in the sky, it was always one of my favourite pastimes and ways to spend time with him.


Whilst I was there I unfortunately lost my beloved T-rex ring (a fitting home for him though!) but I did manage to get a replacement from the museum gift shop as well as a Triceratops ring and a big plushie Diplodocus, I did mention I loved dinosaurs didn't I?


There are just so many things to do and see at The Natural History Museum that I was a little sad I couldn't spend more time there. I would have loved the chance to see some of the special exhibits they currently have and been able to explore the gardens but I guess that gives me a reason to go back and visit there again soon.

Love & Dino Hugs
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment