03 March 2012

Mini Blueberry Sponge Cakes


One of my goals for this year was to take better care of myself, eat the right foods, exercise more and just look after my body and I have to say it's working because I feel more fitter and healthier than I have in years. I've been searching for some "healthy" cake recipes to soothe my sweet cravings and I think I've finally found the solution, with these little light sponges being only 100 calories each they are definitely a well deserved treat after a hard work-out!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of blueberries
  • 1/2 cup of corn flour/starch
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp rice flour
  • A pinch of salt

Preheat an oven to 190°c and line a muffin tin with 9 baking cases.

Separate the eggs, add a pinch of salt to the whites and whip them till stiff (extra work-out points if you do this by hand!).

Gradually add the sugar into the egg whites until sugar has dissolved and eggs are stiff.

Add the egg yolks to the whites and mix well.

Fold the rice flour, baking powder and corn flour into the mixture.

Place equal amounts of blueberries into each of the baking cases then spoon the sponge mixture onto them

Put into the oven to bake for approximately 20 minutes till lightly browned and springy to the touch

Once cooked allow to cool for a while until you're ready to dig in and enjoy!

Eat & Enjoy!
Cate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment