06 December 2012

Pad Thai


Winter always has me longing for my favourite comfort foods and Pad Thai noodles is one that always warms me up and reminds me of home. When I was back in Thailand over the summer I had a pretty delicious tofu and crispy noodle Pad Thai but nothing beats my mum's Pad Thai so I've stolen her not-so-secret recipe so I can share the yumminess with the world.

Ingredients

  • Rice stick noodles
  • Celery
  • Cabbage
  • Carrots
  • Onions
  • Spring onions
  • Beansprouts
  • Sweet radish
  • Soy sauce
  • Fish sauce (or a teaspoon of salt if you're vegetarian or vegan)
  • Tomato puree
  • Tamarind
  • Palm sugar
  • Fried garlic
  • Peanuts
  • Egg (optional)

♥ Soak the noodles in hot water for at least 30 minutes to soften them.

♥ Grate or shred the carrots and chop all the vegetables into small pieces.

♥ In a wok heat a tablespoon of oil then add all the vegetables and egg.

♥ In a bowl mix a tablespoon each of the sweet radish, soy sauce, fish sauce, tomato puree, tamarind and palm sugar then add the drained noodles and mix thoroughly.

♥ Add the noodles to the wok and cook until soft.

♥ When the noodles are cooked remove from the heat and add a sprinkle of the fried garlic and peanuts before serving.


Eat & Enjoy!
Cate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment