25 July 2014

Banana, Maple, Walnut Muffins (Vegan & Gluten Free)

Banana, Maple, Walnut Muffins (Vegan & Gluten Free)

Before I left for Thailand I had a few things left in my cupboard that I wanted to use up, namely a bag of walnuts and some maple syrup, so I decided to bake some muffins for the family to enjoy whilst I'm away. I love experimenting with flavour combinations and maple and banana is a most deliciously heavenly match and as I wanted to cater to everyone's dietary needs I decided to keep the recipe simple, vegan and gluten-free.

Banana, Maple, Walnut Muffins (Vegan & Gluten Free)

Ingredients
  • 3 mashed bananas
  • 1 cup self-raising gluten free flour
  • ½ cup maple syrup
  • ½ brown sugar
  • 4 tbsp oil
  • ½ cup coconut flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 tsp baking powder

♥ Preheat an oven to 180°c and line a muffin tin with 12 - 15 cases.

♥ Mix together the banana, maple syrup, sugar oil and baking powder

♥ Add the coconut and gluten free flour until thoroughly mixed then fold in the walnuts.

♥ Divide the batter into the muffin cases.

♥ Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

♥ Once baked remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool before serving.

Eat and enjoy!

Good Luck
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment