18 November 2014

Belfast Film & Comic Con 2014

Belfast Film & Comic Con 2014

Over the past few years cons in the U.K. have got a lot bigger and a lot more frequent with new cons popping up in new places all the time. It's become more difficult (and expensive) for me to attend all of them but as Belfast Film & Comic Con was close to The Dad's birthday and on our half term break it came as the perfect excuse for a weekend trip there.

Belfast Film & Comic Con 2014

Being its first year it was a small con with only a few guests attending and unfortunately a few of them had to cancel but there were still awesome people such as Billy Boyd and Billie Piper in attendance. I only visited the con on Saturday and as Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark) was there that day I just had to make him his own Shaggydog so he could join the "Direscarf Club".

Belfast Film & Comic Con 2014

All the Stark (and Snow) boys now own their own Direwolf scarf made by me how cool is that? Now there's just Nymeria & Lady left to make. Art was such a sweet kid to and as the con wasn't too busy we actually had time to have a little chat to each other about our love for Arrow and other TV Superheroes.

Belfast Film & Comic Con 2014

Ser Barristan (Ian McElhinney) signed my Game of Thrones map and as I was dressed as Daenerys that day I couldn't resist getting a photoshoot done with him.

Belfast Film & Comic Con 2014

Then I met Game of Thrones artist Will Simpson and talked all things Game of Thrones, comics and places we should visit around Northern Ireland which I'll totally keep in mind for next time as I definitely want to do a Game of Thrones tour next time I'm over there.

Belfast Film & Comic Con 2014

He had some great prints for sale and I was tempted to get a Daenerys one seeing as I was dressed as her but of course I went for Jon Snow because you all know I'm a Stark at heart and I have a soft spot for the big white wolf.

Belfast Film & Comic Con 2014

There were some great photo ops around the con including this life-sized Jabba display which was awesome, a Gollum statue and a Jurassic Park set-up which I was hella tempted by but as you had to pay for photos I didn't bother and instead spent my money on comics...as usual! As this was its first year it wasn't too busy and I enjoyed getting the extra time to talk to the guests rather than being rushed though the queue, I was only there for a day but I had fun being Daenerys and who knows maybe I'll go back there next year.

Love & Dragon Hugs
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment