26 June 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Fandom Guilty Pleasures



It's the last Friday of June so you know what that means it's FANDOM FRIDAY YEY! As Always Fandom Friday is brought to you by The Nerdy Girly & Super Space Chick and this week the topic was suggested by @MeghanSaraK. It's hard for me to think of any guilty pleasures I have because they're more or less just pleasures, I spent so long struggling with my geekiness and acceptance but now I'm at a point where I just don't give a crap what people think and I love what I love, also nerdiness has become somewhat accepted now with lots of people proudly wearing their fandoms on their tees and openly discussing the latest superhero movies, it really is an awesome time for nerds!


Binge watching multiple seasons/series in one night
I guess I should feel guilty about this one because more often than not I should be doing something more useful with my time, like eating something that isn't popcorn, sleeping or general "adulting" but ya know the feeling you just get sucked in and need to see what happens even if you've already watched it several times already...

Creeping on the Superhunks
I totally relate to Hayley Atwell because if I saw Chris Evans looking like that I couldn't resist a boob grab either. Seriously though look at these gorgeous people the fandoms are full of them and you can't help but stare and fantasise about running away together to a cabin in the woods and living happily ever after... yeah I'm a total creep but why are these people so beautiful?

27/65 - antique.
Binge reading comics
Ok confession time I very, very rarely keep up with the single issues and only ever buy them when there's a cool variant edition, I know I should support the series I love and I'm seriously lagging behind but there's also a lack of comic book shops here so I tend to just wait till conventions or there's few trades out so I can buy all the comics and devour them all in one go, although I often go weeks without reading anything those days when I can binge read are the best days ever!

Sons of Anarchy
I don't even know why I started watching this... Ok I do and it's called Charlie Hunnam who I've been creeping on since Queer as Folk hit our TV screens in the late 90's. I'm not even sure whether I like this show or not but I can't stop watching despite several times declaring I would never watch it again after my heart was ripped out seeing yet another sick brutal scene, but I always go back for more and thankfully (or maybe not so?) it's all over now but the feels are still real guys, they're still real!

Kaiju Movies
They're cheesy, the effects are awful, the plots are ridiculous that's if there's even one at all and the acting is completely OTT but I love a good monster movie. There's nothing like seeing a big rubber monster smashing up stuff to get you pumped up and in a great mood, you can totally just switch off your mind and just enjoy the ridiculousness. I remember a lot of these movies from when I was a kid during my summers in Thailand so I get warm, fuzzy feelings of nostalgia every time I see one, I'm also loving the new takes on these movies although they're a heck of a lot more impressive I still love those cheesy old B movies.

Check out the origins of #Fandom5 & feel free to join in on the Fandom Friday fun every week!
Love & Lightning
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment