10 July 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Spinoffs I'd Like To See Get Made


Welcome to another Fandom Friday brought to you by The Nerdy Girly & Super Space Chick. This week we have another awesome topic all about spinoffs. Spinoffs seem to be the "in thing" at the moment and there seems to be no end of them I mean Legends of Tomorrow is spinoff of Flash which is a spin off of Arrow which is a spinoff of Smallville which is a spinoff of Superman which is enough to make my head spin off!


Before the Throne
Game of Thrones is moving so quickly that there's a definite end in sight but that's just one story there is so much else to explore in this world. A Song of Ice and Fire is full of rich characters and history and one of the most interesting things about the books is as you're moving forward through the story you're also moving back and gaining all this knowledge which helps you understand so much about that world, so much of this is only hinted at in the show through vague mentions of the Targaryen dynasty and Robert's Rebellion but I would love to see it played out on screen.


Jurassic World vs Godzilla
Since I saw Jurassic World I can't stop thinking about what if Godzilla popped up on the island, I'm a complete sucker for monster movies and my imagination has been running wild I mean  the next Godzilla movie is called Monster Island and Legendary owns both franchises AND Pacific Rim OMG could you imagine all those bad ass beasts in one movie, it would be EPIC!

Krypton
It's no secret that I was a really disappointed with Man of Steel and the new Superman but the one thing I did like about the movie was what they did with Krypton. I thought Russell Crowe made a great Jor-El and wouldn't mind seeing a whole movie centred around him or General Zod and their life on Krypton long before it's inevitable demise.

Nightwing
I know the Nolan Bat Trilogy is over but I would have loved to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Nightwing, as soon as he was cast in the movie I pretty much called it that he would be Robin and he didn't disappoint, JGL has always been one of my favourite actors (ever since 3rd Rock from the Sun!) and would be amazing as Nightwing! As much as I love Batman I'm getting a bit of fatigue from all the Bat centric movies and would love for the focus to shift on some of the other characters especially the Boy Wonder.

Replicants
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die" - Roy Batty (Blade Runner)


Check out the origins of #Fandom5 & feel free to join in on the Fandom Friday fun every week!
Love & Shooting Stars
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment