28 August 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Real Life Geeks Who Inspire Me


So I'm absolutely loving the topic this week as it's a chance for us to spread some love around the nerd community. It took me a while to really accept myself as a geek and in some ways it's still seen as a dirty word (definitely not by moi though!) but there are some awesome people in this community who have shown me that there is nothing wrong with loving the things you love and to really truly embrace yourself and be proud of who you are. I'm such a happier person now and no longer feel the need to hide my passions and part of that is down to these people and of course a super special shoutout to all my nerdy friends online and off who are beautiful, awesome and constantly inspiring me to live and love that nerd life.

Wil Wheaton & Felicia Day
I thought I'd talk about these two awesome geeks together because I pretty much adore them for the same reasons and also they make an amazing team! Both Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day embrace their quirks and their hobbies and passion and they also give a voice to the 'weird' kids giving us someone to relate to making us feel special. They also host some amazing nerdy events bringing the geek community together and they are totally unashamedly living the geek life something we all should aspire to.

Hayley Atwell
Because I obviously don't gush about her enough on this blog! The more I learn about this goofball the more I love her and the more she inspires me whether it's dubsmash wars or being a voice for feminism she always brings a light to my day and makes me want to be a better person.

Yaya Han
The queen of cosplay. I absolutely adore her costumes they're so beautiful and even better she's made her career cosplay, she's living the dream and it totally inspires me to get my butt into gear and star working hard towards my dream goals to.



Female Geek Bloggers
You bunch of awesome people, with your awesome blogs inspire me everyday to keep living and blogging that nerd life, I have to admit I did feel a bit lost in the blogging world for a time but since being a part of this amazing community of like minded people I really feel rejuvenated and inspired again so thanks everyone for the amazing support and keep up all the amazing work that you do xoxo


Check out #Fandom5 creators The Nerdy Girlie & Super Space Chick & join in on the Fandom Friday fun!
Love & Super Hugs
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment