26 August 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

DSC_5465a

A huge thank you to Fangirls on the Road and Psycholo-geek for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Reward being a part of this awesome blogging community is one of the most fun and rewarding things ever, so be sure to check our their awesome blogs and give them a follow.


This award was created by Edge of Night, and these are the guidelines: 

♥ Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.

♥ Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).

♥ Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.

♥ Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing.


The Origins of Cateaclysmic

I've been blogging in some form or another online for over 10 years! I guess I really got into it during my LiveJournal days and because of it made some really great friends who inspired me to continue blogging and after a bit of messing around on blogspot I eventually created this site in 2009.

When I first started blogging I considered myself a fashion blogger and whilst that is something that still does interest me I'm happy now just to blog about everything and anything I love, this blog has evolved with me over the years and become a place I'm really proud and happy to be involved in.


Advice for New Bloggers

Whilst I may not have the "fame" and recognition of other bloggers in my circle I've come to realise that you do things for you. If you wanna blog go for it, just do it! Don't feel like you have to have a niche just write about what interests you and the rest will follow. If blogging starts to feel like a chore and something you don't enjoy then don't feel afraid to take a break or just stop it should always be something you enjoy, and don't worry about the pageviews!

Be sure to check out this sweet interview I did with my friend Cally all about blogging, crafting and living the geek life as well as my monthly "Things That Make You Go Oooooo" list which is always full of some great links and blogging advice.


My Nominations

After my previous Liebster and Dragon awards I'm running short on people to nominate so I'm breaking the rules and want you to instead link me to your blogs in the comments and then we can all check out each other and maybe find some new people to follow 



Love & Luck Dragons
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment