19 April 2016

FYeahJapan: A Day in Kamakura & Yokohama

Daibutsu – Great Buddha of Kamakura

I you hadn't already guessed by now I like visiting temples and one of the places on my must see in Japan list was Daibutsu in Kamakura. Quite a few of the temples we visited were covered in scaffolding for repairs so when I found out that we had just days before the big Buddha would have the same fate we made our pilgrimage to see it.

Daibutsu – Great Buddha of Kamakura

Daibutsu – Great Buddha of Kamakura

It look a lot longer than I thought to get to Kamakura as it was so busy being the final weekend before the Buddha closed for restoration and the Enoden train was so packed full of people I was kinda jammed in someone's armpit for the duration of the ride but we made it and it was a beautiful.

Daibutsu – Great Buddha of Kamakura

The temple itself is quite small but the huge Buddha makes up for that, you can even go inside it for a small fee. I also was happy to see that some of the trees in the gardens were planted by the Crown Prince of Thailand, it's always fun to see something Thai related in other countries and I ended up sending a bunch of photos of trees for my family to see.

Daibutsu – Great Buddha of Kamakura

After our visit to the Buddha we made our way back to Yokohama to do some shopping but with time running out we decided to make the most visit and head over to Cosmo World for some junk food and selfies with the infamous Yokohama ferris wheel, whenever I see photos of Yokohama it's always of this view and I have to admit it is a pretty view especially at night.

Cosmo World - Yokohama

What is the best view you have ever seen?
Love & Cookies
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment