12 April 2016

FYeahJapan: Snow Monkey Magic

Nagano Snow Monkeys

I have wanted to see the Snow Monkey's in Japan ever since I watched a documentary about them many years ago. I love monkeys although the ones I've met in Thailand haven't been too friendly so although I was excited to go see them I was a little apprehensive to, thankfully though Japan's macaques are better behaved than Thailand's and they didn't really pay us much attention so I came out of my encounter happy, without any bruises and with all my belongings.

Nagano Snow Monkeys

Nagano Snow Monkeys

The walk up to the Monkey Park was a lot easier than I thought after reading many warnings of how long and tiring it can be it maybe took me 10 - 15 minutes to walk and it was mostly on a wide flat path, I would however recommend wearing boots though as it can get quite muddy if there's bad weather but it wasn't anything more difficult than the woodland walks I take my dog on everyday. It's a very pretty walk through the woods though and it was made even more pretty by the recent snowfall, there are also some interesting and amusing signs about the monkeys on the walk up there.

Nagano Snow Monkeys

Nagano Snow Monkeys

And then we got to the monkeys and they were everything I hoped they would be and more, I absolutely adored them and wanted to cuddle up with them to. Seeing just how zen the monkeys were sitting in the onsen melted my heart and they weren't bothered at all by all the visitors to the park, I was kinda amazed at just how close you could get to them.

Nagano Snow Monkeys

I had almost forgotten that 2016 was the year of the monkey so this was just the perfect start to the year, I probably could have stayed there all day just watching the monkeys chilling in the onsen they were truly adorable and I'd love to see them one day again when there is more snow.

Nagano Snow Monkeys

Nagano Snow Monkeys

Nagano is such a beautiful place and I wished we had stayed there a bit longer, I always feel more at home when I'm near the mountains and nature. There was lot's of vegetarian food there to and everything apple related you can imagine, apples are the region's speciality fruit and I can definitely vouch for their deliciousness!


Are there any animals you would love to see in the wild?
Love & Monkey Hugs
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment